|Missing In Action (MIA)||Prisoners Of War (POW)||Unexploded Ordnance (UXO)|
|Chronology||Locations||Aircraft||Ships||Submit Info||How You Can Help||Donate|
Lat 13°30′0″N Long 144°48′30″E Depot Field was located in northwestern of Guam Island in the Southern Mariana Islands (Territory of Guam) in the Mariana Island Group (Mariana Islands) in the United States of America (USA). During 1945, renamed Harmon Field and postwar known as Harmon Air Force Base (Harmon AFB) until closed in 1949.
Built by American forces as a B-29 aircraft depot and maintenance base.
During late 1944 until the end of the Pacific War used as a base for the 20th Air Force.
American units based at Harmon Field
XXI Bomber Command, HQ USA December 4, 1944–July 18 1945 redesignated 20th AF, HQ Squadron
In late February 1945, renamed "Harmon Field" in honor of Lieutenant General Millard F. Harmon Commanding General Army Air Forces, Pacific Ocean Areas (AAFPOA) and and and Deputy Commander of the 20th Air Force (20th AF) missing February 26, 1945 as a passenger aboard C-87A Liberator Express 41-24174 over the Pacific Ocean between Kwajalein and Hawaii. Postwar, known as Harmon Air Force Base (Harmon AFB).
Harmon remained in use as a military base until closed in 1949.
Clarance Le Mieux adds:
|Discussion Forum||Daily Updates||Reviews||Museums||Interviews & Oral Histories|