getting a copy of sqdn.ldr.rundles report

Discussion about wrecks and losses as well as historic sites in the Pacific.

Moderator: Moderator

jayhain
Sergeant

getting a copy of sqdn.ldr.rundles report

Post by jayhain »

can anyone help me get a copy of sqdn.ldr. rundles file pretaining to his finding the crashsite and his teams recover efforts involing"yankee doodle dandy" lost april 12,1944,found december 1,1947....i was told it was in a "section 705".iam also looking for maps of the crashsite with good numbers(the only map i currently have is the hand drawn one from the macr....with a big "x"where the crashsite is and saying only that it was 6000' southwest of hollandia airdrome!)lat&long.
thanks
earl

Damian Waters
Corporal

Rundle reports

Post by Damian Waters »

Hi again,

I believe the original report or an early copy is held at the Bull Creek RAAF Museum, Perth WA. I had heard they used to copy it for researchers many years ago. Hopefully for you they still do. You can find their details on the web.

Colin C Tigwell
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Colin C Tigwell »

You copuld also try thr RAAF Museum
RAAF Point Cook
Victoria 3030 Australia

Regards

Col
Vietnam Vet and proud of it.

Daniel Leahy
Lt Col

Post by Daniel Leahy »

I have access to most, if not all, of the RAAF Searcher Briefs (Rundle Reports), though am unable to locate any information on the aircraft you request.

However, you referred to a "section 705" form. If you do a search at the National Archives of Australia (http://www.naa.gov.au) the "A705" series refers to RAAF Casualty documents from the Second World War - Chances are Rundle reported something in one of these.
Daniel J. Leahy
Australia

AIR POWER ARCHAEOLOGY
http://www.airpowerarchaeologyc.com

jayhain
Sergeant

RUNDLES FILE

Post by jayhain »

i have seen three pages(short pages)with notes as to engine serials,some weapons, a breif statement refering to the capture of some of the crew(enemy interogation)and the sgt that recovered some remains.i am sure there is more info out there......bob livingstone,lex maculay had another fellow said the thought the full file was (from one of them's memory) was in section A705........i have tried to access this and only find reference to an sgt from an aussie aircraft in a very large(near 300 page report)by sqdn ldr rundle