Charles L Maggart MIA - Found!

Details about those listed as missing or killed in the Pacific, including current search operations.

Moderator: Moderator

Zenas
Private

Charles L Maggart MIA - Found!

Post by Zenas »

Justin, edit this message any way you see fit. I tried to collaborate and or email but due to a technical glitch, I am unable to do this. I am offering this very important information via a post.

My name is Dave Dwiggins from Indiana Soldiers and Sailors Project. Moments ago I received word from the family of Lt. Charles L. Maggart of Marion Indiana. His remains have been positively identified. If you are interested in family contact info please contact me. Also the newscast from last Veteran's Day included a 6 minute presentation about our project here and Phil Maggart was on it at length. If you are interested in this also I will gladly send an invitation to download it. zenas5@yahoo.com

Here's the message I received.

September 25, 2008
I just received official word from the Defense Depart, Department of the Army, Defense Prisoner of War/Missing Personnel Office--Mr. Lincoln Berry, that Lt. Charles L. Maggart, Shot down December 5, 1942 in Paupau New Guinea, has been positively identified and that representatives from the Casualty Office will be visiting soon to make final arrangements for internment. Sixtity Six years I have been searching for closer, now it has finally happened.
God bless America!

Phil and Carol Maggart
Phil is a younger brother and retired USAF pilot. Hope this is something you are interested in.

Dave Dwiggins
San Pablo City, Philippines
Indiana Soldiers and Sailors Research
http://fizkid.tripod.com/

rbruceokc
Private

Re: Charles L Maggart MIA - Found!

Post by rbruceokc »

I beleive my uncle (Sgt. Aub Atkins) was shot down with Lt. Maggart.
Have a few crew pictures. Am looking for any details of crash of
B-25 SN#41-12907. God Bless America and all her Heros