Searching for family of Button Samuel, 415 Med Co

Information about veterans of the Second World War in the Pacific, including friends and family.

Moderator: Moderator

G1ngerbread
Corporal

Searching for family of Button Samuel, 415 Med Co

Post by G1ngerbread »

Hi,
I am a researcher who received this request from a gentleman who has the Dog Tag of this soldier. He needs help so that he may return his Dog Tag to the family. Here is what he wrote to me:

dear sir,i have a u.s gold tag identify and belongs to mr button samuel ,EDX 415 th MED COMP UNIT APO 707 % PM SAN FRANCISCO CALIFONIA .Plis if any close contact for relatives of this young soldier who lost his lives during the battle of guadalcanal am kindly ask them to offer me some money then i will send this tag direct to them .thank you from me walter . my email address is -walter_neils@yahoo.com .

whitesharkseeker
2nd Lieutenant

Post by whitesharkseeker »

I call BS on this...my feeling is this guy is trying to swindle cash and, if he indeed has the dogtag of a "Samual", to just send it to you so you can research the family. Red flag on this....just my opinion.

-Eric

G1ngerbread
Corporal

Post by G1ngerbread »

I hate to be a cynic, but you're probably right on this one. I should have put up a red flag when he asked for money.
Thanks!