Pilot Anthony Joseph Vierra

Information about veterans of the Second World War in the Pacific, including friends and family.

Moderator: Moderator

ToniMarieVierra
Private

Pilot Anthony Joseph Vierra

Post by ToniMarieVierra »

I don't know if this is the right area to post this, so if it's not please let me know.

I am the granddaughter of Pilot Anthony(Tony) Joseph Vierra, of the 43rd Bomb Group, 64th Squadron. He may have been assigned to a different squadron before 1943. He flew a B-24 named Bob's Hope, which was later shot down after he was discharged from the Army Air Force.
His army identification number is 19090168, and I know that he was stationed in and around the Philippines. He was a part of the first daylight air raid on Davao on September 1, 1944. His birthday is 12, June, 1920 and he was born and raised in Santa Cruz, California.

The reason for my post is that my grandfather passed away in 1969, before I was born, and I recently found out that almost all of his pictures were destroyed by water damage or were lost. Even his bomber jacket is missing. I have found one picture of my grandfather on the internet on the website Kensmen.com standing with Bob Hope, but it's only a side view.

I am hoping that someone reading this post may have known my grandfather or may know of someone that possibly served with him. I would love to hear stories/memories, see any photographs that anyone may have of him, as I've never met him. If anyone has any information, photo's, memories of him, please contact me. It would really mean a lot to me if I could know more about the man that I am named after.

You can contact me here on this board or via e-mail: ToniMarieVierra@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time and I hope you all have a blessed day.

Sincerely,
Toni Marie Vierra