Aircraft Showcase - Pacific Theatre: Temora Aviation Museum

Information about Pacific Theatre aircraft currently flying or under restoration.

Moderator: Moderator

Andy in West Oz
Captain

Aircraft Showcase - Pacific Theatre: Temora Aviation Museum

Post by Andy in West Oz »

The museum is holding its final showcase of the year and featuring the collection's Hudson and Spitfire and Alan Arthur's Kittyhawk. I'm planning on going so will hopefully get some shots worthy of posting on here.
Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library - Jorge Luis Borges

Andy in West Oz
Captain

Re: Aircraft Showcase - Pacific Theatre: Temora Aviation Mus

Well, that took a while. Have just organised some pics from the March 19 flying day so will put these up instead.

Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library - Jorge Luis Borges

Andy in West Oz
Captain

Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review

Andy in West Oz
Captain

Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review

dfboy
Corporal

Post by dfboy »

Great pics, Andy. The Temora Aviation Museum's Lockheed Hudson and Spitfire Mk.VIII get the gong for best warbird bomber and fighter in OZ. (Sorry P40 fans).

Darryl

Andy in West Oz
Captain

Cheers, Darryl, I'd have to agree with you there especially since the Hudson is by far and away my favourite. Mind you, I'll be sorely tempted when the Beaufort flies.
Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review

joad
2nd Lieutenant

Post by joad »

Is there a Beaufort being re-built in Australia? Would parts of the aeroplane be some of those taken from the Tadji airstrip in Aitape? There were many of these wrecks in the bush along side the airstrip. I lived there for 2 years and recall a group of Australians cutting bits off them sometime around 2000 or 2001?

Andy in West Oz
Captain

Sure is, Darryl. There's probably an entry on Pacific Ghosts but here's the website - http://www.beaufortrestoration.com.au/index.html

I did some work on her in 2001 but don't recall any talk of the trip but then I was just doing slave labour and not in the know. Quite likely it would have been the project guys but who knows?
Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review