Books on Ebay

Discussion about books, videos, DVDs, games and other media related to the Pacifc Theatre.

Moderator: Moderator

clutchfan
2nd Lieutenant

Books on Ebay

Post by clutchfan »

Hi,

I have some good Pacific-related books listed on Ebay, check them out. My Ebay username is "kaigun1942". I'm trying to sell some really good books that I've read, make room for more that I haven't.
Thanks.

Hondo
Corporal

Post by Hondo »

Just trying to help you out some...having sold a number of things on Ebay.

Amazon.com has a number of the books you listed (the unsigned ones) for considerably less than your $20 starting bid price. You might look some of them up and re-price accordingly to help your sales. Also if you offer to ship at a media mail rate (which is about 1/5 of your quoted $8 rate) it would help spur interest as well.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way. Just trying to help you out.
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

-George Orwell

clutchfan
2nd Lieutenant

Post by clutchfan »

Not a problem. I'm not a book seller, like some of the retailers you find on Amazon..I don't get large amounts of books for next to nothing like they do and offer them for like $2 and make money by volume. I bought all my books, well, most of them, retail.

I went back and revised some of them, but I didn't see where I was charging $8 to ship...most I remember is $6, and that's for 3 books. I'll look into the media mail thing, does the USPS offer that? Many of my books aren't normally found on Ebay...and when I priced them, I went by Ebay's average starting and winning bids for each title. So there you go.

Oh, I see I have a few watchers on them, neat.

Hondo
Corporal

Post by Hondo »

Here's the media mail schedule up to 5 pounds:

Media Mail

WEIGHT RATE
1 lb $1.59
2 lb $2.07
3 lb $2.55
4 lb $3.03
5 lb $3.51
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

-George Orwell

clutchfan
2nd Lieutenant

Post by clutchfan »

Great, thanks for the info.

One thing though...also unlike those folks on Amazon and Ebay who sell in large volumes through their businesses, I box everything myself, pack everything myself, and drive to the post office or UPS (@ 2.50/gallon) to ship them, myself. It's all me. So, if you or anyone else really thinks $5.00 is just so expensive, consider what I just said. If you still think so, don't bid.