About me...Brad Flinders

Meet the PWD online community

Moderator: Moderator

Brad Flinders
Private

About me...Brad Flinders

Post by Brad Flinders »

I am a retired USAF Lt Col. I have a great interest in studying WWII history. and whenever possible, visiting WWII historical sites. I presently live in Taos, New Mexico where my wife and i own a Mortgage company. I retired in 2001 after 24 years in the Air Force most of which was spent in either Missile or Aircraft Maintenance. I also spent time as an instructor at the Air command and Staff college in Montgomery, AL and as the Commandant of the Defense Nuclear Weapons School in Albuquerque, NM.

I have a brother who has lived on Kodiak Island, Alaska since the early 70's so that gives me plenty of opportunities to visit him and see the WWII sites there as well.

I also collect old beer cans and am interested in the WWIi vintage cans that were painted Olive Drab for shipment overseas. I curently have OD cans by Schlitz, Lucky Lager, Ballantine, Pfeiffer, Grand Prize, Schaefer, and Pabst. I'm curious if anyone has come across these in their travels to WWII sites? I'm always trying to add to my collection. I'll post a picture to this site shortly.,
Brad Flinders
Lt Col, USAF, Ret

Brad Flinders
Private

Post by Brad Flinders »

This is how the cans looked that were shipped to the troops overseas. They were olive drab so the sun wouldn't reflect off the metal the possibly giving away a GI's position...so the story goes.

Brad Flinders
Lt Col, USAF, Ret