|Missing In Action (MIA)||Prisoners Of War (POW)||Unexploded Ordnance (UXO)|
|Chronology||Locations||Aircraft||Ships||Submit Info||How You Can Help||Donate|
Lingga Gulf (Lingga Anchorage / Lingga Roads) is located in the Riau Islands. Borders Sumatra to the west and south. To the north is the Galang Anchorage and beyond Singapore. Prewar and during the Pacific War, a Dutch colony known as the Netherlands East Indies (NEI). Previously part of Riau Province. Today located in the Lingga Regency of Riau Islands Province of Indonesia.
During the Pacific War, used as an anchorage by the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) and Japanese cargo vessels.
During 1944, Shōkaku was based at Lingga.
On July 16, 1944 Musashi arrived at Lingga during the remainer of the month and conducts training exercises in the vicinity during August and September. On October 19, 1944 departs for Brunei Bay.
and on October 18, 1944 departed for Brunei.
In the middle of October 1944, two striking forces (one under the command of Vice Admiral Takeo Kurita) including battleships, cruisers, and destroyers departed Lingga bound for Brunei then westward to the Philippines for the Battle of Leyte Gulf.
Linga is one of the world's busiest shipping lanes bordering Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam.
|Discussion Forum||Daily Updates||Reviews||Museums||Interviews & Oral Histories|