Pacific Wrecks
Pacific Wrecks    
  Missing In Action (MIA) Prisoners Of War (POW) Unexploded Ordnance (UXO)  
Chronology Locations Aircraft Ships Submit Info How You Can Help Donate
Pacific Aviation Museum (PAM)
Link319 Lexington Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96818
Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
(ticket office open 8:00am – 4:00pm)
Telephone: +1 808-441-1000
Fax: +1 808-441-1010

Executive Director: Ken DeHoff, +1 808-441-1017

The Pacific Aviation Museum is located inside Hanger 37 on Ford Island in the middle of Pearl Harbor. For security reasons no bags are allowed on the bus to Ford Island. To visit the museum, obtain a ticket at the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum and Park near the USS Arizona Memorial and Museum, where parking is available. Also known as "PAM" or "Ford Island Museum".

Control Tower
Built during 1943, the Ford Island control tower was built on Ford Island. Presently maintained by US Navy facilities. The museum is working to acquire this tower, and plan to make this into a research facility and part of the museum.

Hanger 20
The museum's offices are located inside this historic hanger.

Hanger 37
The Pacific Aviation Museum collection is located inside this hanger.

A6M2 Model 21 Zero Manufacture Number 2266 Tail BII-120
Pilot Nishikaichi force landed December 7, 1941 on Niihau Island, wreckage displayed unrestored at the museum

A6M2 Model 21 Zero Manufacture Number 5356 Tail EII-102
Recovered from Ballale 1969, restored, sold to CAF, acquired by museum 2005. Displayed in the markings of BII-120

B-25J Mitchell Serial Number 44-31504
Formally displayed at the museum

F4F-3 Wildcat 12296
Acquired in 2006, displayed at the museum

SBD Dauntless (Replica)
Replica, displayed at the museum

P-40E Warhawk
Displayed at the museum

N2S-3 Stearman Bureau Number 07103
Used by George Bush, Sr. for his first solo flight, on loan to museum

Hanger 79 (Lt. Ted Shealy's Restoration Shop)
This hanger was built prior to the war. Glass panels on the sliding doors still have bullet holes from December 7, 1941. Acquired by the museum and opened to the public on December 6, 2008. Inside "Hanger 79" is the "Lt. Ted Shealy's Restoration shop" . Presently, the hanger is open for guided tours and displays the museum's collection of postwar aircraft.

B-17E Flying Fortress 41-2446 (aka "Swamp Ghost")
Since 2013 displayed outside then inside Hanger 79.

B5N2 Kate Tail 302
On April 18, 2016 the wing and a portion of the fuselage of this aircraft was publicly unveiled

  Discussion Forum Daily Updates Reviews Museums Interviews & Oral Histories  
Pacific Wrecks Inc. All rights reserved.
Donate Now Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram