This large federal style building was built pre-war. In January 1945, the capital was damaged by bombardment and surrounded by an airfield. Today, it has been fully restored and is still in use as the Pangasinan Capital building.
Capital Compound Plaza
behind the Pangasinan provincial capital located at Lingayen.
It encompass several memorial plaques, a pavilion with photograph
display, and collection of American wartime relics, including an
two tanks, 40mm anti-aircraft gun, 6" gun, and photos of the
1945 landings. Directly behind the memorial was the American landing
beach, Blue Beach.
Map & Photo Collection
The open air museum at Lingayen is much better maintained different council
but it too is showing signs of age. A pagoda with a collection of historic photographs
are displayed, including information on HMAS Australia hit by Kamikazes. It
is popular with visitors at weekends. A bronze compass and map in the center
of the compound details the US Army units that landed at January 9, 1945 on Lingayen
Displayed at the memorial, donated by the JSDF
40mm Anti-Aircraft Gun
Displayed at the park
3" Naval Gun
Displayed at the park.
M24 Chaffee Tanks
The park has two M24 Chaffee tanks on display. One has its turret turned to
the the side, and the other's turret is to the front. Both were donated by the JSDF.