Pacific Wrecks
Pacific Wrecks    
  Missing In Action (MIA) Prisoners Of War (POW) Unexploded Ordnance (UXO)  
Chronology Locations Aircraft Ships Submit Info How You Can Help Donate
Fleet Obsolete
Link108 E Strand Street
Kingston, NY 12401
Hours: open by appointment
Founder & Director: Robert T. Iannucci
Click For EnlargementFleet Obsolete is located in the Cornell Shops Building on the waterfront of Kingston, New York bordering the Rondout Creek and beyond the Hudson River. The Cornell Building was built as the machine shop for the headquarters of the Cornell Steamboat Company founded in 1827 that operated on the Hudson River until the middle of the 20th Century. The center section made of brick was built in 1875. The main section made of brick in 1901. The adjacent building made of concrete block in 1961. On the exterior brick of the center section remains the white painted "Cornell Steamboat Co. founded in 1827". At this location, the company serviced their steamships fleet.

Click For EnlargementFleet Obsolete is located in the Cornell Shops Building on the waterfront of Kingston, New York bordering the Rondout Creek and beyond the Hudson River. In 2005, Fleet Obsolete was founded by Mr. Robert Iannucci purchased five PT Boats build during World War II including PT-48, PT-459, PT-486 and PT-615 and PT-728 (sold 2012 to Liberty Aviation Museum) plus former U. S. Army tug ST-2201. The Fleet Obsolete collection includes seven Packard engines that will be used for the PT Boat restorations.

PT-48 "Prep Tom / Deuce"
77' Elco. Arrived December 2008 stored outdoors awaiting restoration.

PT-459 "Mahogany Menace" (Beachcomber IV)
78' Higgins. Stored outdoors awaiting restoration.

PT-486 (C105335, Sightseer, 109)
80' Elco. Acquired July 2012 stored outdoors awaiting restoration.

PT-615 (C105341, Tarbaby VI)
80' Elco. Hull restored, stored outdoors.

PT-728 (The Infant, Scotty Warren IV, PT 109, Sea Runner, Blue Seas, Capt. Dave)
70' Vosper. During 2012 sold to Liberty Aviation Museum.

Tugboat Gowanus Bay (ST-2201)
Built in 1956 and ised by the U. S. Army at Fort Eustis, VA until 2002 when acquired by Robert Iannucci / Fleet Obsolete

References
Fleet Obsolete Official Website
Kingston Times "Boat life on the Rondout: Iannucci lifts 80-foot torpedo boat out of the river for rehab" January 17, 2008 page 32
Kingston Times "We did survive: Ex-Mukden POWs and kin gather, reminisce in Kingston" October 8, 2009 page 9
Thanks to Robert Iannucci / Fleet Obsolete for additional information


  Discussion Forum Daily Updates Reviews Museums Interviews & Oral Histories  
 
Pacific Wrecks Inc. All rights reserved.
Donate Now Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram